Monday, July 18, 2011

What are these tiny green bugs that are all over my windows and doors?

I live in the Belmar, NJ area near the ocean. We have had unusual weather lately from humid, to thunderstorms, to heat waves, to downpours. Tonight I was about to go on my deck in the back and when I turned the back porch light on as I opened the door it felt as if I walked into a tornado of flying bugs. I screamed ran inside and noticed they were all over my glass door (it was dark I didn't see them in the beginning), hundreds of them on my awning, door and flying by the light. They are very small, I want to estimate 3 centimeters at the most, lime green yellowish color. Some i saw were a chocolate brown even. i ran to the front door, i wanted to get my handy man neighbor next door to kill them. I have a front door, and a glass storm door. When I opened the front door I turned on the outside light they were all over that door too. I noticed as lights go on, they get frantic trying to get to the light. I walked around my house they are on all my windows, my bedroom window has a small rip in the screen so they are waiting behind the glass to come in. I sleep with my window open I don't have my central air hooked up yet. I cant open my windows or they will fly inside. One bit me, and it didnt exactly hurt but it felt like a pin prick and it was really annoying. I have a baby here. Does anyonw know what I can do to get them away from atleast my windows so I can sleep comfortably tonight. I tried shutting all the lights off, i turn on a lamp to check they are still there and then fifty more are smaking the glass trying to get the light! Please help me. Prisoner in my home by tiny nameless bugs. I need a cigarette and I cant go outside, I can't smoke in my home. What are these stupid things???

No comments:

Post a Comment